Monday, March 21, 2011

spring quarter

It's that time ladies and gents... the end of college is nigh. What the fuck happened? All I can say at this point is, it's been an awesome ride. I started college very critical of the stereotypical college image/student, and yet somehow, in a way, I ended up conforming to that image.

More reflections later, but for now, here are some things I want to see happen:

1. Hang OUT! Seriously, I am down for anything and want to make the most of spring with good friends old and new. This one is really the most important because the rest I can accomplish on my own, anywhere.

2. Exercise. I'm writing this because I know if I don't post it publicly I won't hold myself to it... but I really want to get in the habit of going to the gym at least 3 times a week, not just for health reasons (heart problems on both sides of my family woo) but to feel good about myself.

3. Cooking. I ate out a lot last quarter. The thing is, eating out is very social... like if you want to catch up with someone, you go out and get some dinner or something. But it doesn't have to be that way. Why not cook in someone's apartment instead? I ran into a few websites on accident recently that got me really excited about actually following recipes, which is something I never do. Soo I want to cook new things more often!

4. Music. I've really been slacking on this front... I literally cannot finish writing anything. I'll be really diggin this idea, and then I think about it later and decide it's really lame. I feel like I just need to be in the right place and be willing to ride that emotion all the way to its full expression. Like what will happen is I'm feeling something and I'll play it on the guitar. Then I'll be like... this is actually not too bad, I might be able to develop it more. BUT I dont. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to remember this whenever we were talking last Raja, but I did remember reading something about you being unable to finish writing things. I stole this from the guy who stole it from Jerry Seinfeld, and this process has considerably upped the amount of writing I get done.

    http://lifehacker.com/#!281626/jerry-seinfelds-productivity-secret

    If you can trick yourself into making it work for you.

    ReplyDelete